I want to be sure that I've got this right:   A client is moving into a 
brand-new ESFR protected warehouse space and they want to build a two level 
bin-box system.   I explained that they would have to fire protect below the 
walkways and they've come back to me asking whether or not building just the 
lower level of the system would alleviate the need to make sprinkler system 
improvements.   The CMSA and ESFR protection tables in Chapter 14 (2016 
edition) don't include bin-box or plastics in the application range, Only 
palletized and solid pile, Classes 1-4.    If they want to use a bin-box 
system, do they have to change roof sprinklers out for CMDA?  Or can the ESFR 
remain and CMDA sprinklers would be installed under walkways when they're built?

I miss the little bitty book and pipe scheduled systems...

[cid:[email protected]]
Steve Leyton, President
T  |  619.255.8964 x 102  |  
www.protectiondesign.com<http://www.protectiondesign.com/>
2851 Camino Del Rio South  |  Suite 210  |  San Diego, CA  92108
Fire Protection System Design | Consulting | Planning | Training

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to