You wrote: " makes it less O obviously, while I could use Windows
to transfer files to and from the iPhone I want something that gives
me the choice rather than tells me I have to use Windows just because
Apple doesn't support my OS of choice."
I would sure like to stay with Xp for a long time in the future, because it
works and it meets my needs, but Microsoft and others have other ideas.
---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished,
you! really! are! finished!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Ward" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Any Accessible Android Games
Hi Dark,
Well, while I do agree that buying an iPhone is for the most part more
pros than cons there are a couple of cons that I feel are pretty
major.
The first is the use of iTunes to transfer software, music, etc to the
iPhone itself. Well, there is a version of iTunes for Windows and a
version for Mac OS X, but not for Linux. Right off I have a problem of
huge proportions. I am a Linux user and there is no simple straight
forward way to sink books, music, and other files between my PC
running Linux and an iPhone.. I'd literally have to copy everything to
my Windows computer, and from the Windows computer to the iPhone. With
an Android transferring files to and from Linux is much simpler. So
right there the extra hassle involved in getting files loaded onto an
iPhone makes it less desirable. O obviously, while I could use Windows
to transfer files to and from the iPhone I want something that gives
me the choice rather than tells me I have to use Windows just because
Apple doesn't support my OS of choice.
The other is cost. Right now I can walk into Sam's Club and pick up a
brand new Samsun Galaxy S4 for $99 USD. If I go to HH Greg I'm looking
at $199 for an iPhone 5. In short, I am looking at paying double for
that iPhone, and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much extra for
an iPhone at this time given that it has compatibility issues with the
software I use on a daily basis. My question would be am I really
getting a better deal by paying that extra hundred or so?
Cheers!
On 11/14/13, dark <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Tom.
that's fair enough, as I said I have used my Iphone for some of those
particular things albeit I haven't used the ocr system yet, since
generally
I've worked things out so that all my most important mail from say the
university, the health serviceor my telephone company gets delivered by
E-mail, (I have a separate address for this), while those few things it's
not possible for get delivered to my dad (actually only the local counsel
do
this because they're morons!).
I will say though portability of a device for books and music is a very
useful thing, as is being able to for example check local news or weathe.
Indeed, it's rather nice now that when I go to my local sandwich shop who
have a wrack of mnewspapers for people to read while drinking coffee, I
still can't just grab a paper and glance at it, but I can whip out my
phone
and read a book, listen to music or check local news where as previously
I
just wouldn't bother taking my laptop on a basic hour's walk like that.
I also admit I am a big fan of Siri as I said, particularly for instant
notes and instant phone calls and setting things, it's just so easy to
say
"phone my brother" or "text my parents to say I'll be late" rather than
having to mess around with finding the interface iin various
applications.
So I do agree on the system, albeit as I said at present games just don't
seem to be as available for android and I've been very impressed with
some
of what has been done on the Iphone so even if you get an android phone
such
as the nexus for financial reasons I'd considder getting an Ios device in
the future, though equally if your going to buy one I can personally
recommend the Iphone for the amount of things it does including gamess
since
my experience with the platform has been, if not entirely universally
positive certainly far more good than bad, for all things like having to
use
Itunes just to rtransfer books and music onto my Iphone and the Icon
movement and organization system (which despite Kerry's advice I've still
not got to work).
All the best,
Dark.
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].