Hi Tom.

I'm sorry to hear about the devorce and appreciate the trouble, it's a shame that osmehting which is already emotionally difficult has to come with such a lot of financial issues.

Of course, if your looking for an accessible phone just as an accessible phone that's fair enough.

I confess, I actually only looked into Ios myself primarily for games and other fun stuff. Previous to this, I always thought a tablet, or indeed a phone with similar functions for me at least was a little superfluous.

Up until last October I used a very bog standard, actually quite old but still functioning Nockier phone. This had zero accessibility features at all, however it did the job I wanted it for, it was a phone! I could pick it up, dile a number and speak to someone, and get messages by phoning the answer service. For E-mails, music, books, games, word processing etc on the go, well frankly having carried a laptop around on my back for close to 15 years it never particularly struck me as a big deal to do so, even going as far as whipping my laptop out on station platforms or while sitting on a park bench. Of course,six hour battery life was annoying, but not a deal breaker since I was rarely outside a charge socket for longer than that even on trains.

The Iphone was therefore for me mainly a luxury thing to have fun with, ---- and yes it's certtainly done that, albeit I have been very pleased at the amount of other things it's done.

While I still own a laptop (and indeed am writing on one now), I will admit I do find the extras the Iphone has, and the fact that it's small enough to say just take with me up the street very helpful.

so, if you want a phone, just as a phone there are likely other options available. Whether Ios or Android, ultimately your getting a lot more than just a phone, and it's really that lot more that takes up the money.

All the best,

DArk.

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to