Hi Dark,

Well, I think he was talking about getting a Nexus more or less as a
tech toy to play with rather than getting more games so on. From what
I have researched there are games for Android, but definitely nowhere
the quantity available for iOS.

Based on my own personal experiences I think Android is usable, but
nothing over the top or fantastic yet. For a casual end user iOS
devices be it iPhones, iPads, and iPods is the best choice for a blind
user given the accessibility and number of apps available. This could
change in the next year or two the way Android is slowly catching up
access wise, but its not really prime time for everyone. Especially,
given the fact there are a lot of older phones being sold through
AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc and if a blind user doesn't really know
what he or she is looking for in terms of a good Android phone he or
she is likely to get a lemon which won't be as good as a newer model.

Cheers!

On 11/13/13, dark <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Decota.
>
> I find this an interesting summation, and I've actually been talking to the
>
> developers of startraders to fix their mapping system, (as well as about
> access in their other games), so that the game is fully accessible on both
> platforms.
>
> One question I have however is regarding your last summation, about buying
> an Iphone and a nexus tablet. I have the Iphone as I've said and I enjoy the
>
> platform with it's games, however you mention buying a Nexus for
> "entertainment" yet it's the Iphone that has the games and fun stuff.
>
> if you mean by "entertainment" simply a tech toy to play with or something
> for coders to work on, fair enough. However to me as someone who's interests
>
> are mostly in games and other fun applications, it just seems there's not at
>
> this point in time much purpose in getting an Android system, since it's not
>
> got the unique games and other fun stuff to do that the Iphone has.
>
> Of course I freely admit this could well change in the future, and if loads
>
> of android only titles and programs are developed I'll gladly look into
> getting access to that platform, probably on a tablet as you said.
>
> Of course I'm not a raging Apple fan either, indeed some of the bugs in Ios
>
> are slightly getting on my whick, but I have enjoyed the things I've been
> able to do with the device particularly when it comes to inervative games
> such as Papasangre 2.
>
> Regarding Choiceofgames, well of course I've only got what I've heard others
>
> say about access to go on not having an android device myself, however you
> might want to ask about this on the audiogames.net forum since we have a lot
>
> of android users there who informed me as to games etc.
>
> Interestingly enough however people have also stated that the storm8 games
> such as vampires live, zombies live etc, are actually inaccessible on
> android, which is a shame.
> All the best,
>
> Dark.
>
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
> [email protected].
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
> please send E-mail to [email protected].
>

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to