Hi Thomas, I'll only speak for myself here; you've mentioned wanting to expand your game development which has always been focused on USA Games so yes, I did think you wanted to move to Android in that context.
If not, then definitely, by all means go for it! Since you will know exactly what OS you are developing for and which phone, then you have none of the issues which would get in your way otherwise. So yes! I think you should go for it!… :) On the other side of your note, please know that your in our thoughts. So sorry you are dealing with divorce. I sent you a personal note as well. -Hoping you did get it. Talk soon and I wish you my very best… Sincerely, Cara :) --- iOS design and development - LookTel.com --- View my Online Portfolio at: http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/ModelCara On Nov 10, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Thomas Ward <[email protected]> wrote: Hi Cara, I guess my issue is what if someone isn't concerned about creating a sustainable business for creating apps and games for Android. What if the person merely wants a phone to use for personal use, and perhaps want to develop something for non-commercial use for himself? I guess that is where I have a problem with iPhone. Everyone is totally focused on the business perspective, of how many customers I might have, of creating a sustainable business, when that isn't what I want the phone for. In time I might want to go that direction, but right now I am in financial dire straights , am in fact about to lose everything except the shirt on my back in a nasty divorce, and so I am going to have to start over from scratch by getting electronics and furniture at discount prices. An Apple iPhone is way beyond my budget for the next year or two. I merely want to know if I can get by for the next couple of years on an Android with the latest version of Droid OS and Talkback. Cheers! On 11/9/13, Cara Quinn <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Charles, > > Well, not being super familiar with the Windows environment after XP, I > can't really comment on that. What I'm meaning though, is that the process > of getting the system to be accessible is one hurtle and once you get past > that, you then need to consider the actual accessibility experience for the > end user. Both these differ based on the flavor of Android being used. > > Does this make sense? > > For myself, the experiences I've had with Android have been both wildly > inconsistent and also really fiddly by comparison to the very stable and > consistent experience on the iPhone. > > Access is definitely getting better on Android which is a really good thing. > I just think that at the present moment, there's still so much variety in > the user experience when it comes to accessibility that developing for the > platform turns out to be a huge commitment in terms of support. > > For someone thinking of developing games as a sustainable business, one > still has the situation where the general user-base is still not nearly as > large as with the iDevices. So in the case of an accessible game developer, > the commitment is pretty serious for just not as much return. > > I think the platform just needs to mature a little bit more, which I know > will happen. I'm not sure if the really super consistent accessibility > experience will ever be the same as on iOS only because of the underlying > ethos of each OS, but ideally that's what I think we would want, both as > users and developers. > > Again, I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on this. > > Thanks, > > Cara :) > --- > iOS design and development - LookTel.com > --- > View my Online Portfolio at: > > http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn > > Follow me on Twitter! > > https://twitter.com/ModelCara --- Gamers mailing list __ [email protected] If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected]. You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. All messages are archived and can be searched and read at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, please send E-mail to [email protected]. --- Gamers mailing list __ [email protected] If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected]. You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. All messages are archived and can be searched and read at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, please send E-mail to [email protected].
