Hi Raymond,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 05:37:54PM -0700, Raymond Wan wrote:
> One problem I had, though, was that the configurator at
> file:///usr/share/doc/slurmctld/slurm-wlm-configurator.html is
> actually for 14.x .  (I don't know why...I guess it was a problem with
> the packaging of slurm?)  In any case, I ended up downloading 15.08.7
> from source and running its configurator by navigating to
> file://.../doc/html/configurator.html.in .

There should be no problem using the configurator provided with the
package even if it is older, at least for simple configurations.

> Also, I had a problem with manually creating the log, /var/run, etc.
> directories.  But the log files usually complain what's missing and
> then I create them.  Actually, if you pay attention to the
> configurator (I didn't :-) ), then you ought to know what directories
> should exist.  :-)

The configurator provided with the package is modified to use some 
specific location provided with the package itself. These locations are
also included in the logrotate file and in the maintainer scripts in
case of package upgrade or removal.

Specifically you should use these values:

StateSaveLocation=/var/lib/slurm-llnl/slurmctld
SlurmdSpoolDir=/var/lib/slurm-llnl/slurmd
SlurmctldLogFile=/var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmctld.log
SlurmdLogFile=/var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmd.log
SlurmctldPidFile=/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmctld.pid
SlurmdPidFile=/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmd.pid

instead of those provided by the source configurator.
Best regards
-- 
Gennaro Oliva

Reply via email to