Hi Ray,

Which slurm version did you use on ubuntu? 15.08.7?

Best Regards,
Peixin

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Raymond Wan <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Peixin Qiao <[email protected]> wrote:
> > When I input ps -ef | grep munged, the result is as follows
> >
> > root      5312  1168  0 Oct30 ?        00:00:01 munged
> > root      5358  1168  0 Oct30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/munged --force
> > root      5390  1168  0 Oct30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/munged --force
> > peixin   15221 15207  0 10:12 pts/2    00:00:00 grep --color=auto munged
>
>
> I'm not much of an expert, but it seems odd that you have two
> instances of munged...
>
> As for your question in your very first post, slurm definitely works
> on a single node.  That's how I usually use slurm (not everyone is
> lucky enough to have a cluster; some (of us) have just a single
> computer but would like a queuing system).
>
> One problem I've had in the past was with the log directories and
> /var/run directories not being created.  That *might* explain the
> "Reason: No such file or directory" error messages.  Double-check that
> all of the necessary directories exist and are writable by the slurm
> user.
>
> One suggestion if you are still stuck is to consider using the older
> version of slurm that comes with Ubuntu 16.04.1 .  It is 15.08, but it
> works.  You might want to go to installing from source once you at
> least get that working.  (Just a suggestion -- I can understand if
> you're starting from scratch, it would be appealing to use the latest
> version.)
>
> Ray
>

Reply via email to