Hi Peixin,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Peixin Qiao <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> Which slurm version did you use on ubuntu? 15.08.7?


That's correct.  That's the current version for Ubuntu 16.04.1 (as far
as I know).  I have these packages installed:

slurm-client
slurm-wlm
slurm-wlm-basic-plugins
slurmctld
slurmd
sview
munge
libmunge2

One problem I had, though, was that the configurator at
file:///usr/share/doc/slurmctld/slurm-wlm-configurator.html is
actually for 14.x .  (I don't know why...I guess it was a problem with
the packaging of slurm?)  In any case, I ended up downloading 15.08.7
from source and running its configurator by navigating to
file://.../doc/html/configurator.html.in .

Also, I had a problem with manually creating the log, /var/run, etc.
directories.  But the log files usually complain what's missing and
then I create them.  Actually, if you pay attention to the
configurator (I didn't :-) ), then you ought to know what directories
should exist.  :-)

Hope this helps!

Ray

Reply via email to