----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <[email protected]>

http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/photos/index.html

Lovely photos, Christine.

Thanks, Godfrey!


Two comments about the web gallery:

- I would prefer that the large photos be a bit larger, however. At this size, they're small on even a 1024x768 screen. I find that nowadays most viewers are using screens that can handle horizontals with a 700 pixel long dimension and verticals with a 600 pixel long dimension, or thereabouts. Sizing for the general case remains something of an issue ... that's one of the reasons for moving to flash presentations and PDF presentations.

I agree about the size, but I purposely sized them small for this test because I've ftp'ed to our faculty server & it can be dodgy, so I thought, do small sizes 1st to determine if I can get quick downloading for small size off the server, then try another test for larger pics & determine outcome.


- Another issue is that one of the limitations of Lightroom is that there is no control over the watermarking with respect to font, size, placement or transparency. On small sized images, it renders too large and there's no way to adjust it or the transparency. You can get around this in a couple of ways, but the best way I've tried is to leave it off and then post-process the JPEG output files with iWatermark or a Photoshop batch script if you want to watermark them. Sizing up to 600-700 pixels helps too as the font is rendered smaller in proportion to the image area.

Yup, not so keen on the copyright; I'll definetly give your suggestions a serious look-see. Thanks! Big Cheers, Christine




--
PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
[email protected]
http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow 
the directions.

Reply via email to