On Dec 10, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:
I'm just trying a little test here. If you have a minute, I'd be
grateful if you'd just run through the pics & links to see if they
all work. I'd love to hear about any problems: slow downloading,
dead links, web page not available et al.
http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/photos/index.html
Lovely photos, Christine.
Two comments about the web gallery:
- I would prefer that the large photos be a bit larger, however. At
this size, they're small on even a 1024x768 screen. I find that
nowadays most viewers are using screens that can handle horizontals
with a 700 pixel long dimension and verticals with a 600 pixel long
dimension, or thereabouts. Sizing for the general case remains
something of an issue ... that's one of the reasons for moving to
flash presentations and PDF presentations.
- Another issue is that one of the limitations of Lightroom is that
there is no control over the watermarking with respect to font, size,
placement or transparency. On small sized images, it renders too large
and there's no way to adjust it or the transparency. You can get
around this in a couple of ways, but the best way I've tried is to
leave it off and then post-process the JPEG output files with
iWatermark or a Photoshop batch script if you want to watermark them.
Sizing up to 600-700 pixels helps too as the font is rendered smaller
in proportion to the image area.
Godfrey
--
PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
[email protected]
http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow
the directions.