And here I was typing you a 2016 reference…

R/
Matt

Please rate our customer 
service<https://survey.medallia.com/?emailsignature&fc=3539&bg=Fire%20and%20Fabrication>

Matthew J. Willis, CWBSP, CET
Engineering Designer IV
FERGUSON FIRE DESIGN, LLC
A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Ferguson Fire & Fabrication, LLC
401 N 5th Street
Suite 448
Wausau, WI 54403
C: 307-236-8249
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.FergusonFire.com<http://www.fergusonfire.com/>

From: Bob Caputo <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 12:22 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers 
<[email protected]>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Sidewalls for 18 Inches Down

Sorry,  I didn’t see the word, “sidewall” when I responded.  I need more sleep 😉


[https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4h8r7hdtsr6154/AFSA_L.png?raw=1]
Bob Caputo, CFPS
President
American Fire Sprinkler Association
c:     760-908-7753
p:
214-349-5965 ext124
w:
firesprinkler.org<http://firesprinkler.org>
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/facebook_sig.png]<https://www.facebook.com/firesprinkler.org/>
  
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/twitter_sig.png] 
<https://twitter.com/afsa/status/1039528345367732224>   
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/linkedin_sig.png]
 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/american-fire-sprinkler-association-afsa-/>  
 
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/instagram_sig.png]
 <https://www.instagram.com/firesprinklerorg/>

Our new address is 1410 East Renner Rd., Suite 150, Richardson, TX 75082

Need a Refresher on Hand Calculations?
During AFSA’s three-day in-person Sprinkler Hydraulic Calculations Workshop, 
learn and apply principles of hydraulics, including the different types of 
pressure, calculating changes in pressure (elevation and friction loss), and 
node analysis. Click 
here<https://www.firesprinkler.org/calendarevent/sprinkler-hydraulic-calculations-workshop-4/>
 for details and to register.

From: Derrek Crigler 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 1:12 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Sidewalls for 18 Inches Down

TYCO TY3302

Thank you,

Derrek Crigler
Fire Sprinkler Design Manager

7130 Convoy CT, San Diego, CA 92111
o: 858-277-3473 | HillerFire.com

[Logo    Description automatically generated with low confidence]

From: Taylor Schumacher <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 11:05 AM
To: 
'[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>'
 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Sidewalls for 18 Inches Down

Does anyone know of a sprinkler that meets the allowance for up 18 inches below 
a ceiling? I have an architect that’s quoting that section, but I’ve never seen 
that unicorn…

8.7.4.1.1.2
Horizontal sidewall sprinklers shall be permitted to be located in a zone 6 in. 
to 12 in. (150 mm to 300 mm) or 12 in. to 18 in. (300 mm to 450 mm) below 
noncombustible and limited-combustible ceilings where listed for such use.


Taylor Schumacher
Security Fire Sprinkler<http://www.j-berd.com/>
1 Industrial Blvd | Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Office: 320.656.0847 | Direct: 320.640.7050

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to