I now see your question.
Normally cracking a flange or groove allows that small amount of water to go to 
the floor drain which is present in most pump installations.

R/
Matt

From: Brian Harris <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2023 9:35 AM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers 
<[email protected]>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Fire Pump Drains

Matt-
All the fire sprinkler plans I've ever seen with pumps never show a drain 
coming off the suction or discharge piping. Is it drained through the pump 
casing?

Brian Harris, CET
BVS Systems Inc.
bvssytemsinc.com<http://bvssystemsinc.com/>


From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2023 11:30 AM
To: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Fire Pump Drains

As each system is required to have a drain, I am not sure I understand the 
question..?

R/
Matt

From: Brian Harris <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2023 9:23 AM
To: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Fire Pump Drains

Installing a Dry system fed from a pump and while running the 2" drain outside 
the building from the dry valve it dawned on me we never show a drain for the 
wet system. I'm assuming that's taken care of from the casing drain on the pump?

Brian Harris, CET
BVS Systems Inc.
bvssystemsinc.com<http://bvssystemsinc.com/>
Phone: 704.896.9989
Fax: 704.896.1935


_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to