On Tue, 18 Aug 2026 18:40:10 GMT, Sean Mullan <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Valerie Peng has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional 
>> commit since the last revision:
>> 
>>   import cleanup.
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/javax/crypto/spec/Argon2ParameterSpec.java line 
> 221:
> 
>> 219:          * @return this builder
>> 220:          * @throws IllegalArgumentException if {@code p} is not 
>> positive,
>> 221:          *         greater than {@code 16777215}, or greater than 
>> {@code m / 8}
> 
> I don't think it is clear what `m` is. I think you should use similar words 
> as in `memory()` when IAE is thrown because parallelism is too high, ex: "or 
> if `memoryKiB(m)` has been called and `p` is greater than `m / 8`."
> 
> (Also add similar wording if `memoryPowerOfTwo` is called).

Hmm, to address the call ordering comment from Weijun, I have removed the 
cross-parameter checking, so we do not need to mention memory cost here anymore.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/29597#discussion_r4204182763

Reply via email to