Dear huntman,
 Can you please send the extended rules you are writing? You may have to go by 
indexes and increment the counter to loop thorough. Does yoiur application to 
create Xls has looping defined? I would create the application with the same 
number of loop count as of the 867 standard with in the same level with which I 
have to map, to avoid any mapping challenges.
Also, not sure if you are trying this way....
 1. Write teh extended rule and pull all needed information into the temp 
segments/elments on standard side..
 2. Map them to the application to generate the xls output. 

If you can send me the logic and the segment/element you are trying to populate 
along with the xls application(.ddf), I can have a look and guide you.

Regards,
Giri Kavi




________________________________
From: mrhuntman <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, January 11, 2011 11:57:14 PM
Subject: [EDI-L] Mapping 867 to CSV or MSSQL Database

  
Hello,

Not sure if this is an OK question to ask this group but I can't find an answer 
anywhere so I figured I'd try.

I'm trying to map an 867 file to either a flat file CSV or to one table in an 
MSSQL database. I'm using the Map Editor within Sterling's GIS software.

My problem is that I need to have repeating elements in my output, and the 
output elements depend on qualifiers. For instance, my input data looks like 
this, with elements I don't need left out:

BPT^20070616^SS
DTM^090^20070610
DTM^091^20070616
N1^DB^DISTRIBUTOR 1
N1^MF^MANUFACTURER 1
PTD^SS
N1^ST^SHIP TO CUSTOMER 1
QTY^32^1^EA
DTM^003^20070613
PTD^SS
N1^ST^SHIP TO CUSTOMER 2
QTY^64^2^EA
DTM^003^20070613
QTY^32^1^CT
DTM^003^20070613
......

And what I need in my output is:

20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER 
1,32,20070613
20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER 
2,64,20070613
20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER 
2,32,20070613

What I can't figure out is how to repeat certain elements on each line. I've 
tried a bunch of different methods and can't get it to work. I get the closest 
when I create a temporary structure on the input side and map that directly to 
the output. I populate the temp structure by putting extended rules on each of 
the elements above, but what I end up with is one instance of each value on 
each 
line, something like this:

20070616,,,,,,,,
,20070610,,,,,,,
,,20070616,,,,,,
,,,DISTRIBUTOR 1,,,,,
etc..

Is there an easy way to do this? I know having repeating elements in a database 
format isn't the best, so should I be approaching this differently? I've done 
this in a different mapping software pretty easily, so I know it can be done 
here but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.





      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to