This is a good place to ask, someone should be able to help.  I have not worked 
with GIS, but is it possible to assign these elements to some sort of variable 
and then write them out when you hit the DTM segment?  Seems pretty 
straightforward to me, as you say, I've done similar things simply with several 
translators.  Have you got a manual?  Support contract?  


Leah




________________________________
From: mrhuntman <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, January 11, 2011 1:27:14 PM
Subject: [EDI-L] Mapping 867 to CSV or MSSQL Database

  
Hello,

Not sure if this is an OK question to ask this group but I can't find an answer 
anywhere so I figured I'd try.

I'm trying to map an 867 file to either a flat file CSV or to one table in an 
MSSQL database.  I'm using the Map Editor within Sterling's GIS software.

My problem is that I need to have repeating elements in my output, and the 
output elements depend on qualifiers.  For instance, my input data looks like 
this, with elements I don't need left out:

BPT^20070616^SS
DTM^090^20070610
DTM^091^20070616
N1^DB^DISTRIBUTOR 1
N1^MF^MANUFACTURER 1
PTD^SS
N1^ST^SHIP TO CUSTOMER 1
QTY^32^1^EA
DTM^003^20070613
PTD^SS
N1^ST^SHIP TO CUSTOMER 2
QTY^64^2^EA
DTM^003^20070613
QTY^32^1^CT
DTM^003^20070613
......

And what I need in my output is:

20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER 
1,32,20070613
20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER 
2,64,20070613
20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER 
2,32,20070613

What I can't figure out is how to repeat certain elements on each line.  I've 
tried a bunch of different methods and can't get it to work.  I get the closest 
when I create a temporary structure on the input side and map that directly to 
the output.  I populate the temp structure by putting extended rules on each of 
the elements above, but what I end up with is one instance of each value on 
each 
line, something like this:

20070616,,,,,,,,
,20070610,,,,,,,
,,20070616,,,,,,
,,,DISTRIBUTOR 1,,,,,
etc..

Is there an easy way to do this?  I know having repeating elements in a 
database 
format isn't the best, so should I be approaching this differently?  I've done 
this in a different mapping software pretty easily, so I know it can be done 
here but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.


 


      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to