I once did something like this for a delimited layout by creating the output
type as EDI what understands and allows for things like repeating fields,
but I set the terminators and separators to be commas and CRLF so that it
appeared to be comma delimited when you looked at the output.  I bet you
could get creative with a sample and try something like that.


On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:27 PM, mrhuntman <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> Hello,
>
> Not sure if this is an OK question to ask this group but I can't find an
> answer anywhere so I figured I'd try.
>
> I'm trying to map an 867 file to either a flat file CSV or to one table in
> an MSSQL database. I'm using the Map Editor within Sterling's GIS software.
>
> My problem is that I need to have repeating elements in my output, and the
> output elements depend on qualifiers. For instance, my input data looks like
> this, with elements I don't need left out:
>
> BPT^20070616^SS
> DTM^090^20070610
> DTM^091^20070616
> N1^DB^DISTRIBUTOR 1
> N1^MF^MANUFACTURER 1
> PTD^SS
> N1^ST^SHIP TO CUSTOMER 1
> QTY^32^1^EA
> DTM^003^20070613
> PTD^SS
> N1^ST^SHIP TO CUSTOMER 2
> QTY^64^2^EA
> DTM^003^20070613
> QTY^32^1^CT
> DTM^003^20070613
> ......
>
> And what I need in my output is:
>
> 20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER
> 1,32,20070613
> 20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER
> 2,64,20070613
> 20070616,20070610,20070616,DISTRIBUTOR 1,MANUFACTURER 1, SHIP TO CUSTOMER
> 2,32,20070613
>
> What I can't figure out is how to repeat certain elements on each line.
> I've tried a bunch of different methods and can't get it to work. I get the
> closest when I create a temporary structure on the input side and map that
> directly to the output. I populate the temp structure by putting extended
> rules on each of the elements above, but what I end up with is one instance
> of each value on each line, something like this:
>
> 20070616,,,,,,,,
> ,20070610,,,,,,,
> ,,20070616,,,,,,
> ,,,DISTRIBUTOR 1,,,,,
> etc..
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? I know having repeating elements in a
> database format isn't the best, so should I be approaching this differently?
> I've done this in a different mapping software pretty easily, so I know it
> can be done here but I can't figure it out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>  
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to