I am currently CREATING an 867 and...

.. am NOT using GIS and ......

.. have NOT seen your Implementation Guide or know your ERP system 
requirements .....

.... BUT....

I think perhaps trying to 'flatten out' a document which can be nested this 
deeply to map it to a SINGLE flat file or database table might be a tad 
ambitious. For sure it will leave "holes" in the output when something is 
"not present in this particular document/loop/segment"

eg, I flattened out the X12N '837' as best I could... using qualfiers on 
multiple-occurs loops/segments....  but I still ended up with 17 tables for 
the X096A1 facility and 19 tables for the X098A1 Professional.  Even at 
that, I still had tables with "occurs multiple times" in them.

I know if I had to handle on an inbound basis the outbound '867' I am 
creating, I would not try to flatten it out that much.

It's a thought....


Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.
Racine WI
[email protected]




------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to