SEZ9 commented on PR #12355:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12355#issuecomment-5851858576

   Thanks for the ping, @wgzhao - yes, I'll take this one over so it isn't 
stuck waiting.
   
   To be plain about where things stand: I have not yet done my own pass on 
`4f6663a9f`, so nothing is approved or merged from my side yet. What I'll do is 
re-check the head against the points from the earlier review, and I'd 
appreciate a few pointers to make that quick:
   
   1. **ENUM/SET `columnLength` (the main finding):** you mention the length 
derivation in `MySqlTypeUtils` - can you confirm that this derived length is 
what actually ends up in `Column.columnLength` (not just in `getSourceType()`), 
so heterogeneous sinks no longer see 1-char / 2n-1-char strings?
   2. **`getColumnLength()` assertions and edge shapes:** you mention six 
`getColumnLength()` assertions and the unquoted/escaped-quote handling. Could 
you point me to the specific test cases covering the embedded-comma option, the 
escaped quote, the single-option `SET`, and an option list followed by a 
`CHARACTER SET` clause? The last one in particular I don't see called out 
in-thread, so if it isn't pinned yet, please add it (or tell me why it isn't 
needed).
   3. **The two Javadocs:** you say both now use the fully-qualified 
`org.apache.seatunnel.api.table.catalog.Column#getSourceType()` and describe 
the pre-fix value as `SET(5)`/`ENUM(1)` - I'll verify that directly; no action 
needed unless my read differs.
   
   If those check out on `4f6663a9f`, I'll approve and merge, and then we can 
move on to #12373 / #12333 / #10453. If anything doesn't line up I'll leave 
inline comments rather than asking for another round here.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1335 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to