Ditto. I didn't know you could do this either. That's why I love mailing
lists. They're a massive pool of collective experience. :)
Brocade has an interesting way of handling this as well. I had always
wondered why (until now) Cisco didn't have an equivalent. On Brocade you
can do:
auto-shutdown-new-neighbors
in the global BGP config. Every new BGP peer you configure is shutdown
by default and requires a no shut to bring it up. I kind of like the way
that works... but being able to configure a new peer in a shutdown state
works just as well.
-Vinny
Vitkovský Adam <mailto:[email protected]>
Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:13 PM
Same here :D.
That's why I love this as one can learn something new each day.
adam
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <mailto:[email protected]>
Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:34 AM
[neighbor 192.0.2.100 remote-as 64511 shutdown]
so do I ;-)
oli
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
Blake Dunlap <mailto:[email protected]>
Friday, June 20, 2014 4:13 PM
Wow, you can do that? I feel really really dumb now...
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Koch, Andrew
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
Koch, Andrew <mailto:[email protected]>
Friday, June 20, 2014 12:30 PM
Hi Lukas,
Try adding the shutdown keyword on the first (remote-as) config line:
test-router(config-router)#neighbor 192.0.2.100 remote-as 64511 shutdown
test-router(config-router)#!!! rest of neighbor configuration
test-router(config-router)#no neighbor 192.0.2.100 shutdown
HTH,
Andy
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
Lukas Tribus <mailto:[email protected]>
Friday, June 20, 2014 10:39 AM
Hey guys,
I feel like this is a stupid question with a simple solution, but I just
not see it:
When I configure a new BGP session, before I can shutdown the neighbor
or apply a specific peer-group/session-template/policy-template, I need
to configure the remote-as, so the first command in the address-family is:
neighbor 2001::123 remote-as 65005
Now, if I don't specify the policies right away, or shutdown the session
right away (or the ssh terminal slows down for whatever reason), IOS will
establish the BGP session as-is (without any policies), until I manage
to configure the rest.
In that case, I'm leaking everything I have to the other side for a short
period of time, possibly triggering max-prefix limits or causing other
nastiness.
Especially when using SSH and configuring long IPv6 addresses on IOS-XE
here, this seams to be a problem, copy'n'pasting from notepad is not
enough in that situation (somehow, the terminal slows down when pasting
the config to some 2 - 3 chars per second).
Any way to make IOS(-XE) behave in a more sane way so I can configure
everything *before* the session brought up? Like defaulting to shutdown
or something like that?
Let me know how you guys avoid this problem.
Thanks!
Lukas
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/