Hi Andy,
>> neighbor 2001::123 remote-as 65005
>>
>
> Hi Lukas,
>
> Try adding the shutdown keyword on the first (remote-as) config line:
>
> test-router(config-router)#neighbor 192.0.2.100 remote-as 64511 shutdown
> test-router(config-router)#!!! rest of neighbor configuration
> test-router(config-router)#no neighbor 192.0.2.100 shutdown
That is exactly what I was looking for, great. The same suggestion
came from different people, off and on-list, thanks to all of them!
Some suggested:
> no bgp default ipv4-unicast
Which I'm actually using and but does something else (not enabling the
IPv4 address-family by default on BGP sessions via IPv6).
Other things mentioned:
- specifying the wrong remote-as first (will definitely workaround the problem)
- using peer-groups (I don't see how this would solve it, since I need to
assign the neighbor to the peer-group first)
- null-route the neighbor IP (will also successfully workaround the problem)
- using configuration workarounds, like copying from flash to running (this
probably accelerates the configuration but the race in the BGP configuration is
still there)
- using IOS XR or JunOS :)
Very useful responses, thanks a lot!
Regards,
Lukas
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/