You can use peer-groups. Setup whatever setting you want for the peer-group (neighbor peer-group-name shutdown) and enable the neighbor when you want. But if you have multiple neighbors then you will affect all of them at once.
-----Original Message----- From: Dimitris Befas [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 8:01 PM To: 'Lukas Tribus'; '[email protected]' Subject: RE: [c-nsp] IOS: catch 22 when enabling new bgp neighbors Use IOS-XR instead :-) With IOS and XE you may just configure a wrong AS number (neighbor 2001::123 remote-as 6) so the adj won't come up, then shut it (neighbor 2001::123 shut) and while in a shut state, configure the correct AS (neighbor 2001::123 remote-as 65005). Now feel free to no shut (no neighbor 2001::123 remote-as shut) -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lukas Tribus Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 5:40 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] IOS: catch 22 when enabling new bgp neighbors Hey guys, I feel like this is a stupid question with a simple solution, but I just not see it: When I configure a new BGP session, before I can shutdown the neighbor or apply a specific peer-group/session-template/policy-template, I need to configure the remote-as, so the first command in the address-family is: neighbor 2001::123 remote-as 65005 Now, if I don't specify the policies right away, or shutdown the session right away (or the ssh terminal slows down for whatever reason), IOS will establish the BGP session as-is (without any policies), until I manage to configure the rest. In that case, I'm leaking everything I have to the other side for a short period of time, possibly triggering max-prefix limits or causing other nastiness. Especially when using SSH and configuring long IPv6 addresses on IOS-XE here, this seams to be a problem, copy'n'pasting from notepad is not enough in that situation (somehow, the terminal slows down when pasting the config to some 2 - 3 chars per second). Any way to make IOS(-XE) behave in a more sane way so I can configure everything *before* the session brought up? Like defaulting to shutdown or something like that? Let me know how you guys avoid this problem. Thanks! Lukas _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
