Moin,

> The intricacies with "one /44 for 15 sites = 1 or 16 charging units?"
> etc. came up over the years... so giving clear guidance to the NCC on
> what is to be considered "a chargeable assignment according to the 
> charging scheme" is definitely a worthy goal.

While I generally agree, I am still not sure whether that should be
part of the assignment policy, or a separate document.

Along with that, I would also argue that a tiered approach tying PI
prices relatively to the membership fee in some way might be a good way
forward (as noted in the previous mail).

In any case, the current proposal does not necessarily change the
incentive structure, as it does not change that one /44 vs. 16 /48 from
the same request would still only be charged once for EUR75/year under
either version of the policy.

So, I would argue that--while I generally agree that the incentive
issue is certainly imperative to solve--it is not something to solve in
the current iteration/change.

With best regards,
Tobias
-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, 
please visit: 
https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/address-policy-wg.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the 
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/

Reply via email to