Hello

I installed the latest CVS snapshot on Red Hat 8.0
which comes with XFree86 4.2, but after rebooting the
computer it wouldn't successfully get into the X
Window system anymore. The console that comes up in
the beginning of X Window startup kept on printing
over and over again "console log
localhost.localdomain" and the mouse was a sandbox. I
couldn't make it work. So I copied the i810_drv.o and
i810_dri.so files onto a floppy disk and reinstalled
Red Hat Linux 8.0. Then I replaced the existing
i810_drv.o and i810_dri.so files that come with 4.2
with the corresponding files from the latest CVS
snapshot build that I had copied onto a floppy disk. X
still doesn't start. If I change the driver to "vesa"
it starts but with "i810" it still doesn't start.

Is it possible to make X work with Intel 845 by simply
replacing the i810_drv.o and i810_dri.so driver files
from the latest CVS snapshot with those that come with
XFree86 4.2? Or does the whole XFree86 need to be
reinstalled to make it work?

Thanks,
Mete Kural
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to