On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 @ 3:55pm (-0800), Mark Vojkovich wrote:

MV>   The "nv" driver only supports flat panels if the text console came
MV> up on it first.  That is, it relies on the BIOS to have done some
MV> of the initialization.  The "nv" driver will likely never be able
MV> to initialize a flat panel that the BIOS hasn't POSTed to.  So if
MV> you didn't boot to the panel, the "nv" driver doesn't have a chance

...okay, from what I'm reading this Geforce 256/Geforce DDR (unsure exactly
what it is) is extremely old.  Indeed the system BIOS will not even initalize
if the DVI port is attached during boot.

I'll try the native driver once I get in my GeForce 2 MX 400 which I have on
order and notify you how that goes.  It's the only card I could find that's
PCI /and/ has DVI ports (very rare), since I want to Xinerama three DVI/HD
flatscreens, and you can only have one AGP card in even the newest
motherboards, you have to have two PCI cards and 1 AGP card, each with one
DVI port.

Whatever happened to making quad-output cards?  Those were the best...

-lava

MV> of working on it.
MV>
MV>    I will document this in the man page.
MV>
MV>
MV>                     Mark.
MV>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to