On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 @ 11:04am (-0000), Colin Law wrote:
>
> CL> Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> CL>
> CL> >Yes, me. I just started putting together a page to archive my progress at:
> CL> >
> CL> >http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/apple_cinema_23inch/
> CL> >
> CL> >I'm making use out of time while my piece-of-crap nvidia card (no offence to
> CL> >nVidia, I just have a POS card) cools down. The fan stopped spinning and it
> CL> >overheated and crashed my box. Anyway have a look at some of the pics on the
> CL> >page and I'll try to get it updated as soon as I can get it functional under
> CL> >unix. I'm going to try to get it to work in:
> CL> >
> CL> >*) Redhat Linux 8.0 w/ nVidia binary drivers & stock XFree86
> CL> >*) NetBSD 1.6-STABLE (-rnetbsd-1-6 branch as of last week) with
> CL> > XFree86-current native 'nv' driver (-rHEAD branch as of last night)
> CL> >
> CL> >Anway, gonna go check on my card. I put it in the refrigerator (no frost).
> CL> >
> CL> >
> CL> >
> CL> This is great stuff and good to hear.
> CL>
> CL> Which of the NVidia cards is it you are running? Would you recommend one
> CL> in particular?
>
> ...i'm using a "geforce 256", agp, 32mb, dvi+svideo+vga outputs
>
> ...i wouldn't recommend /ANYTHING/ until the open source native Xfree86
> driver is as stable and useable as the binary driver AND/OR they release a
> binary driver for /every single/ operating system that Xfree86 compiles on
> that runs nvidia hardware, even if that means MINIX >:}
What's the matter with the "nv" driver? As far as I can tell everything
works fine, at least it does in the 4.3 snapshots.
Mark.
>
> -lava (a bona fide NetBSD user pine'ing for opengl support on a real
> operating system)
>
> CL>
> CL> ~Colin
> CL>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86