The "nv" driver only supports flat panels if the text console came
up on it first.  That is, it relies on the BIOS to have done some
of the initialization.  The "nv" driver will likely never be able
to initialize a flat panel that the BIOS hasn't POSTed to.  So if
you didn't boot to the panel, the "nv" driver doesn't have a chance
of working on it.

   I will document this in the man page.


                        Mark.



>MV>    What's the matter with the "nv" driver?  As far as I can tell everything
>MV> works fine, at least it does in the 4.3 snapshots.
>MV>
>
>
>With the following Device section and an Identical Screen & Monitor sections
>to the config for the binary driver posted at the URL below, my HD LCD on the
>DVI port simply never initalizes (however the CRT on the VGA port goes to
>sleep?)
>
>I'll post a "-verbose 9" log output when I have a second.
>
>    -lava


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to