And to come back to the topic.

At least in the theory, if someone is blocked in a project, than he has a serious problem with that community. And the reason that his block is not lifted should be a serious one. And if someone has a serious problem with more than one community, than it is questionable if he should be eligible to take part in the decision of such an office. So from the theory I think the rule is ok.

If in the praxis someone is blocked by a project arbitrarily and he is not able to appeal by that community, than that community and that project has a real problem. And we should look into detail what is going wrong in that project and in that community. But this is not an issue of the election committee.

Greetings
Ting

Am 4/30/2013 11:24 AM, schrieb Itzik Edri:
Ting, Risker,

1. To share thoughts and feedback about the elections, you don't must to be
volunteer  in the committee.

2. I indeed thought about it only when I saw the centralnotice and read the
voting requirement, I may needed to raise it before. But it's still doesn't
mean we need to ignore from this issue

Itzik


On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Ting Chen <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello dear all,

I would also like to ask everyone who has made their thoughts on the
election to take part on the election committee themselves the next time.

Unfortunately when I made the call for volunteer earlier this year not
very many people responded.

Greetings
Ting

Am 4/30/2013 12:57 AM, schrieb Risker:

  On 29 April 2013 18:48, Asaf Bartov <[email protected]> wrote:
  On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Itzik Edri <[email protected]> wrote:
  I agree. We should limit it to only community members, or to give equal
right to everyone.

Asaf, you right, but we are talking also about the FDC elections. a
processes where we are not granting chapters and others organizations
the
right to vote but granting to the WMF. Giving only WMF staff, and not
chapters staff the right to vote in community process, it's like saying

the

first are part of the community, but the second are not. I don't even

want

to refer to the sensitive issue of the staff voting for their "bosses"..

  That's a very good point, and I think the chapter board members and
staff
definitely _should_ be given a voice _at least_ in the FDC elections.  I
leave it to the Elections Committee to propose solutions.



  The Elections Committee posted its plan weeks before the election
started,
with hardly any commentary at all; it is only now, after candidates may
start entering the race, that people are complaining that we've failed to
give the "right" people a vote (or alternately, that we've given too many
people a vote).  There is almost no variation between the voter
eligibility
this year and in the previous election; the only relevant changes are
dates
for eligibility and the developer commit process (which was changed
because
the Engineering Department changed the way that commits were done).

I suggest that those who would like to see changes at the next election
post on the election post mortem page[1] now, so that these ideas aren't
lost to time.

Risker (Election Committee Member)



[1]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_**
elections_2013/Post_mortem<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/Post_mortem>
______________________________**_________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected].**org <[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: 
https://lists.wikimedia.org/**mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l<https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l>


______________________________**_________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected].**org <[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: 
https://lists.wikimedia.org/**mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l<https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l>

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Reply via email to