On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Itzik Edri <[email protected]> wrote:

> I agree. We should limit it to only community members, or to give equal
> right to everyone.
>
> Asaf, you right, but we are talking also about the FDC elections. a
> processes where we are not granting chapters and others organizations the
> right to vote but granting to the WMF. Giving only WMF staff, and not
> chapters staff the right to vote in community process, it's like saying the
> first are part of the community, but the second are not. I don't even want
> to refer to the sensitive issue of the staff voting for their "bosses"..
>

That's a very good point, and I think the chapter board members and staff
definitely _should_ be given a voice _at least_ in the FDC elections.  I
leave it to the Elections Committee to propose solutions.

    A.
-- 
    Asaf Bartov
    Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
https://donate.wikimedia.org
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Reply via email to