Thank you. Esa for your attention to my message. The truth is that
I have lost two friends for thinking thta the Rossi E-cat gives some excess
heat. I don't like his strategy, his experimental methods, I very strongly
dislike The idea of combining 156 cores in the setup thta will be tested
tomorrow.
I am very tolerant toward opinions that are different or even opposite
to my opinions and I am not angry with those who have these opinions.
I will confess you (but do not tell it to anybody - I am not inerrant.
You will see it tomorrow night the latest.
Peter

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Esa Ruoho <[email protected]> wrote:

> you know peter,since youre always so negative about rossi and now you say
> theres no customer, i#m going to be overtly positive and guess its Apple.
> i hope these two messages cancel eachother out.
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Peter Gluck <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> At such a great scale "The Oct. 28 Test" is a contradiction
>> in terms- it has to be at least "the 3 days test starting on Oct. 28"
>> No company having elementary idea of engineering would accept a short test
>> for such a Behemoth, there are necessary hours to make all the 52 Fat-Cats
>> functional, then
>> they work or not work 3-4 hours and it is over.. Who can accept such a
>> test? Why?
>>
>> This Partner has not helped Rossi who was forced to sell his house in
>> order to continue.
>>
>> The most probable is that the test will be done by the inventor's people
>> from his US company and by some
>> specialists hired by Ampenergo- i.e. NO real partner exists.
>> The identity of the experimenters will not be revealed probably and we
>> will receive results from Rossi, as he wish. We will see no instruments and
>> no steam commensurate with 1 MW heat.
>> My bet is NO REAL CUSTOMER.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Jed Rothwell <[email protected]>wrote:
>>
>>> I have no idea who this customer might be. I do not like to guess,
>>> speculate or read the tea leaves when I have no information, but I believe
>>> it is unlikely that a major corporation is involved. I say this for the
>>> following reasons:
>>>
>>> Several large corporations and institutions such as Georgia Tech have
>>> contacted me about this test. They say it would be unwise to test such a
>>> large reactor without first doing a series of small-scale tests at lower
>>> power levels. Jumping up to high level without first doing these tests would
>>> be dangerous. They are baffled by this plan. I have echoed their remarks
>>> here. So I do not think they would countenance such a large increase.
>>>
>>> I asked Rossi whether he has a permit to do this test. He did not
>>> respond. I do not know whether he has one or not, but it seems unlikely to
>>> me. I simply cannot imagine that any sane government official would issue
>>> one. I hate to speculate about these things but that seems impossible. Large
>>> corporations are sticklers for the rules. They *write* the rules, in
>>> cooperation with government regulators. I doubt they would get involved in a
>>> test of a large nuclear reactor that is probably an egregious criminal
>>> violation of health and safety standards. I do not know about Europe but in
>>> the US or Japan this would cause a major scandal, with people being arrested
>>> and perp-walked in front of reporters. This is not something GE or
>>> Mitsubishi would let themselves get involved in, ever, under any
>>> circumstances.
>>>
>>> If a subordinate at GE were to suggest getting involved, I suppose
>>> management would demand a copy of the permits and certifications for the
>>> reactor as the first step. They would demand technical documents showing
>>> that the reactor was designed by a professional engineering firm that
>>> specializes in pressure vessels. They would want to see computer simulations
>>> of pressure and heat conditions, and certificates showing that the welding
>>> was done by certified experts. I sure as heck would. Testing a laboratory
>>> scale device is one thing; industrial equipment is quite another. A machine
>>> of this size and power is dangerous, even when it is designed with the best
>>> modern computers and simulations, and when it is fabricated by experts and
>>> then carefully examined by an inspector. A conventional combustion reactor
>>> of this size is dangerous. If a hose connection fails, the hose may fly off
>>> with enough force to crush someone's skull, and the steam may scald them to
>>> death. This is not a damned toy, or something you casually turn on after a
>>> few weeks of partial testing.
>>>
>>> The test on October 6 clearly did not involve any professional
>>> engineering or instrumentation such as a corporation would bring. Terry
>>> Blanton remarked that a corporation would use large, professional grade
>>> instruments with recent NIST certification stickers. You can recognize this
>>> kind of thing. I did not see any. They did not even have a computer or flow
>>> meters for some of the critical data. To be blunt, the October 6 test was so
>>> half-assed, the students at my local high school could have done a better
>>> job. (Granted several of those kids got into MIT and Georgia Tech.) I find
>>> it hard to believe that a major corporation would jump into this project and
>>> be prepared for a 1 MW test three weeks after the test that produced
>>> somewhere between six and 10 kW but you can't tell because the instruments
>>> were so bad.
>>>
>>> Videos and photographs of the equipment outdoors to not show any sign of
>>> professional instrumentation being deployed around it. Again, I do not think
>>> that a professional organization would jump in and be prepared to do a major
>>> test with the outside equipment in three weeks.
>>>
>>> - Jed
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Peter Gluck
>> Cluj, Romania
>> http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com
>>
>>
>


-- 
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com

Reply via email to