On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 15:51:23 GMT, Chris Plummer <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I'm a bit concerned that we will suddenly see warnings popping up during 
>>> testing that were previously hidden. Someone will have to run this through 
>>> all the SA tests in our CI to see if there is any negative affect 
>>> (@plummercj ?).
>> 
>> Agree. I tested it and passed serviceability/sa tests on my Linux box, but 
>> it is worth to test on other platforms.
>> Maybe it shouldn't be problems because warning message would printed onto 
>> stdout.
>> 
>> 
>>> I'm also wondering whether the prefix should identify that it comes from 
>>> the SA e.g. "Serviceability Agent Warning:" and "Serviceability Agent 
>>> Error:" ?
>> 
>> Currently debug log has a prefix ("libsaproc DEBUG: "), OTOH error log does 
>> not have any prefix. I think error log should also have a prefix if warning 
>> message has it.
>> 
>> 
>> void print_debug(const char* format,...) {
>>    if (_libsaproc_debug) {
>>      va_list alist;
>> 
>>      va_start(alist, format);
>>      fputs("libsaproc DEBUG: ", stderr);
>>      vfprintf(stderr, format, alist);
>>      va_end(alist);
>>    }
>> }
>> 
>> void print_error(const char* format,...) {
>>   va_list alist;
>>   va_start(alist, format);
>>   fputs("ERROR: ", stderr);
>>   vfprintf(stderr, format, alist);
>>   va_end(alist);
>> }
>
>> Maybe it shouldn't be problems because warning message would printed onto 
>> stdout.
> 
> Yes, that was the main point of print_warning. It prints on stdout, so it 
> should not result in any test failures since they only complain if there is 
> output on stderr. I'll try these changes out in our CI once Yasumasa is done.
> 
>> Currently debug log has a prefix ("libsaproc DEBUG: "), OTOH error log does 
>> not have any prefix. I think error log should also have a prefix if warning 
>> message has it.
> 
> I think "libsaproc DEBUG/ERROR/WARNING" is ok.

> @plummercj Could you try it on your CI?

It passes all my CI testing.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33047#issuecomment-5834040420

Reply via email to