On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 05:16:09 GMT, David Holmes <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm a bit concerned that we will suddenly see warnings popping up during 
> testing that were previously hidden. Someone will have to run this through 
> all the SA tests in our CI to see if there is any negative affect (@plummercj 
> ?).

Agree. I tested it and passed serviceability/sa tests on my Linux box, but it 
is worth to test on other platforms.
Maybe it shouldn't be problems because warning message would printed onto 
stdout.


> I'm also wondering whether the prefix should identify that it comes from the 
> SA e.g. "Serviceability Agent Warning:" and "Serviceability Agent Error:" ?

Currently debug log has a prefix ("libsaproc DEBUG: "), OTOH error log does not 
have any prefix. I think error log should also have a prefix if warning message 
has it.


void print_debug(const char* format,...) {
   if (_libsaproc_debug) {
     va_list alist;

     va_start(alist, format);
     fputs("libsaproc DEBUG: ", stderr);
     vfprintf(stderr, format, alist);
     va_end(alist);
   }
}

void print_error(const char* format,...) {
  va_list alist;
  va_start(alist, format);
  fputs("ERROR: ", stderr);
  vfprintf(stderr, format, alist);
  va_end(alist);
}

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33047#issuecomment-5809461476

Reply via email to