Native code in SA (libsaproc) currently has two functions for reporting 
messages: `print_error()` for reporting errors, and `print_debug()` for 
reporting debug messages when `LIBSAPROC_DEBUG` is set.

During the discussion of 
[JDK-8391940](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8391940), `print_warning()` 
was proposed for reporting messages that are useful for users to see but do not 
indicate an error. Currently, some messages are reported using `print_debug()`. 
As a result, users have to set `LIBSAPROC_DEBUG=1` to see them and then find 
the relevant messages among the noisy debug output.

Add a new `print_warning()` function that is always enabled and writes to 
stdout, so that useful diagnostic messages can be reported without being 
treated as errors. Migrate appropriate messages currently reported using 
`print_error()` or `print_debug()` to use `print_warning()`. I replaced to use 
`print_waring()` if the message is worth to notice, and the process should be 
continued.

---------
- [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

-------------

Commit messages:
 - 8392120: Add a warning facility for SA

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33047/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=33047&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8392120
  Stats: 37 lines in 8 files changed: 18 ins; 0 del; 19 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33047.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/33047/head:pull/33047

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33047

Reply via email to