John Thorvald Wodder II via Postfix-users:
> On Jul 30, 2024, at 15:36, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > John Thorvald Wodder II via Postfix-users:
> >> (I previously posted this request for help on ServerFault but got
> >> no responses, so I'm hoping the official Postfix mailing list will
> >> go better.)
> >
> > Your access tables can only affect the client DNS domain name, and
> > domain names that appear in SMTP commmands such as HELO, MAIL FROM
> > and RCPT TO.
> >
> > Those tables have no effect on the content of message headers. For
> > that, the tables are called header_checks.
>
> I am aware of that.
Then there was no need to spend so much text on that.
> That's why my original attempt to match against
> "stupidspammers.example" failed, but I would expect my subsequent
> attempt to instead match against "spamgateway.nil" (which the
> actual mail servers, per the logs, are subdomains of) to work.
> Why isn't it working?
If the Postfix SMTP daemon logs spamgateway.nil as the client
hostname ("connect from something.spamgateway.nil"), then
check_client_access will match that.
Of course it doesn't because spamgateway.nil does not exist.
For actual support, you can reduce the detective work providing
CONCRETE details as in https://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
Actual configuration as reported by Postfix.
Actual events as logged by Postfix.
Wietse
> > However, you may be better off with rspamd.
>
> I'll look into that.
>
> -- John Wodder
> _______________________________________________
> Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
>
_______________________________________________
Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]