One underrated advantage of the 'K' series cameras (Starting I think with the K10D) was the ability to shoot DNG as the raw file. No worries whether the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw would support the RAW file format for new cameras

On 9/9/2026 3:10 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
It will be interesting to see what happens from here. Will the brand be sold again? How many times has it been sold in the past couple of decades? Will they give up on the pentaprism and go mirrorless?  If so will they keep the K-mount? Or do like Cannon and Nikon and sell adapters?  As to myself, there is very little that I need to do photographically that I can't. I expect a huge drop in prices of used gear on this announcement as a lot of people decide to switch brands now before the bottom completely drops out of the market.

I haven't even tried to use any of the mirrorless systems from Nikon, Cannon or Sony, so I have no idea how good or bad the UI on them is for me. I will say that while the K-3 III got some UI things right, they totally shit their pants in other ways.

Meanwhile, I'm lucky to be able to do any photography a few times each quarter. A far cry when I was averaging a couple hundred frames a day because I could just wander around looking for things to photograph.

On 2026-09-09 02:01, Steve Cottrell wrote:
https://petapixel.com/2026/09/08/the-current-chapter-of-pentax-dslrs-is-officially-over/

Cheers,
Cotty
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow the directions.


--
Aeternum vive aut conando moriere.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow 
the directions.

Reply via email to