Hi,
We have a form on our site for customers to ask questions.  This form
basically generates an email from the address [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and sends the contents of the form to our support email (which is
checked by otrs). The subject of this email contains "Question by
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

So I'd like to create a postmaster filter that sets the
X-OTRS-CustomerNo to be [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I created a filter with:
Match: Header 1: Question by (.*?)
Set: Header 1 X-OTRS-CustomerNo: [***]

This works as expected and sets the customer to be the email in the subject.

However, my problem is that I'd like it to be a little more strict and
only set it when the email is from [EMAIL PROTECTED], so I
created the following:
Match: Header 1: Subject: Question by (.*?)
Match: Header 2: From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Set: Header 1: X-OTRS-CustomerNo: [***]

This causes X-OTRS-CustomerNo to be set to the value '1'.  Not sure
why.  Is there a way to get it to work?

Also, a related question, what is the proper way to read a filter's rules?
For example, is it:
if match1 && match2
set1; set2

or is it:
if match1 || match2
set1; set2

or is it:
if match1
  set1;
if match2
  set2;

etc.

Thanks for help!
Chris
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
=> http://www.otrs.com/

Reply via email to