Since you're not after that many ports perhaps an LSI1064e based card would be a better choice. There are a lot of different OEM manufacturers that produce these cards, for example Intel, Cisco, Dell (Perc), Fujitsu-Siemens, HP, IBM (ServeRaid) etc.

If an LSI1034E-R is too expensive, perhaps Cisco has one 4-port model. You could also look at S26361-F3257-L4 or S26361-F3257-L4 which is from Fujitsu. If I were to buy a new HBA I would go for an Intel SASUC8I. Also note that you will need an SFF-8087 -> SATA fanout cable.

On 2011-01-13 18:41, Michelle Knight wrote:
With the backup set removed, the system has been up for nearly 4 hours. It is
copying over the network to a large drive on another PC, so it looks like the
error is to do with the backup ZFS set.

As far as controllers go, how does this rate?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Port-Express-eSATA-
Controller/dp/B003GSGMPU/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_2

I'm after two e-sata ports.
_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss



_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to