When I was having drive issues like this I had overtaxed my PSU. I actually ended up toasting a couple of drives (got real crunchy). I reduced the system to 4 drives (I was running 7 at one point) and now I have had no problems / no freezing.

On 01/13/11 09:56 AM, Michelle Knight wrote:
I would be grateful if someone clarified whether this is what Michelle
Knight is referring to or the numbers in the CKSUM column.
Yes, the numbers in the CKSUM column, which trigger repairs during the scrub
process.

By last fall I was affected by a number of freezes when accessing the
pool over the network. More thorough tests revealed that it was just the
storage pool that froze and not the entire system.
I'm having the whole machine freeze out. Won't even listen to the power
switch. All terminal sessions freeze and the mouse and keyboard on the console
are frozen.

The previous freezes happened sometime between half an hour and one and a half
hours of up time. If she stays up for two hours now with both the backup
drives disconnected, I'll try a scrub on the main data set. If that works,
then I'll try copying the data off over a network connection.

If it works after that, then I'm looking at having a problem when the backup
ZFS pool is connected. This will obviously take more than a few hours to go
through.

After spome SFTP file transfers, my iostat give this, but I don't know what an
illegal request number means...

mich@jaguar:~# iostat -En
c2t0d0           Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: ATA      Product: INTEL SSDSA2M040 Revision: 02HB Serial No:
Size: 40.02GB<40020664320 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 8 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
c1t0d0           Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 6 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: LITE-ON  Product: DVDRW LH-18A1P   Revision: GL03 Serial No:
Size: 0.00GB<0 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 6 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
c2t1d0           Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: ATA      Product: INTEL SSDSA2M040 Revision: 02HB Serial No:
Size: 40.02GB<40019582464 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 7 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
c2t2d0           Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: ATA      Product: ST32000542AS     Revision: CC34 Serial No:
Size: 2000.40GB<2000398934016 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 6 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
c2t3d0           Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: ATA      Product: ST31500541AS     Revision: CC34 Serial No:
Size: 1500.30GB<1500301910016 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 6 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
c2t4d0           Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: ATA      Product: SAMSUNG HD154UI  Revision: 1118 Serial No:
Size: 1500.30GB<1500301910016 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 6 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
        -E. O. Wilson




_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to