On Thu, Sep 3, 2026 at 11:29 AM Stephen J. Turnbull <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users writes:
>
>  > 5. Don’t be on a linode VPS because one of the major RBLs has a bug
>  >    up his ass about linode not doing enough to prevent spam from
>  >    their customers and blacklisted their entire site.
>
> I'd heard that, but I haven't had a problem with my Nanode on IPv4.
>
> I *did* have a problem with IPv6.  I was getting a lot of bounces
> because of course you have to pay for a /64 which I don't, and at
> least one RBL blacklists the whole /64 if they're mad at any of them.
>
> I've also had a problem with Microsoft, which randomly blacklists me.
> I don't have any mailflows where I depend on sub-hour delivery, and so
> far I've always had the block cleared by their automated system within
> 15 minutes.  That's good enough for me, and I don't know if it's
> related to Linode.  I've heard that it happens to other people but I
> don't know who their ISP is.
>
>  > 6. Don’t have a bunch of mailing list members on
>  >    RoadRunner.com/Spectrum because they’ll classify any attempt to
>  >    send an email to 20+ people on there as “flooding” and bounce
>  >    every to some but not all those people.
>
> Don't you love those "friends don't let friends" service providers?
>

There was a time I had so many problems with Yahoo! that I just got fed up
and sent an announcement to the list that I will be unsubscribing ALL
members with Yahoo! addresses.
I advised them to get addresses from Redmond or Mountain View :-)
They complied. I got peace.



-- 
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223
 In an Internet failure case, the #1 suspect is a constant: DNS.
"Oh, the cruft.", egrep -v '^$|^.*#' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :-)
[How to ask smart questions:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/CJ2GV2BRURDI542CRVJQJAJBVVI3EVGN/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to