Hello All! On a quick break from Binche, I wanted to ask a question about this 
thread. Has anyone used it to make lace? From what I can determine online, it’s 
considered a flat silk but in fact has a very slight twist. A website—that I 
can’t find now!—said that it makes nice lace. Looking at online photos, Soie 
Ovale can’t possibly be “true” flat silk like the tubes they sell at the 
Japanese Embroidery Center. JEC fiber is is intended to be “spun” by the 
individual embroiderer before stitching. The way the Soie Ovale comes off the 
spool is much different & it seems more integrated as a multi-filament strand, 
even though it is divisible. If anyone can shed some light, I would appreciate 
the help. Thanks. Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Florida, USA 
Sent from my iPad

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to