Hi Susan,
I used Soie Ovale in a Cluny de Brioude class at the IOLI convention in 
Montréal in 2006 (?).  I agree with Sue Babbs as to the need to have super 
smooth hands when touching it. It will definitely catch/snag on any rough 
spots. It is unspun filament silk and will therefore flatten to given a satin 
effect. Our project involved carrying multiple threads to different locations 
by wrapping Soie Ovale around the bundle. It is fiddly but beautiful.
Vicki in Maryland 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 18, 2020, at 5:06 PM, Elena Kanagy-Loux <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Dear Susan,
> 
> I used soie ovale at the school in Le Puy en Velay when making Craponne.
> They use it as an added worker pair in cloth stitch motifs to change
> colors, for example in petals and leaves. When paired with "stitckier"
> linen thread it stays put and has a lovely effect. If I recall we started
> winding it onto bobbins with a small piece of tape so it didn't slip off,
> and I don't remember it being any trouble to work with. I've considered
> using it as a gimp thread as well, but I haven't tried that yet.
> 
> Take care and best of luck!
> Elena
> 
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
> [email protected]. Photo site:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to