According to the book Van speldengrond tot Turnhoutse Kant (about Turnhout lace) "In Couvin, Beaumont, Cerfontaine and Marche lengths of lace were made in black or white silk and in cotton. The point de Paris ground is mostly combined with point ground. The aspect and the technique is different from the Turnhout lace. The designs are simple and geometric and look similar to the laces made in Normandy, Sweden and England." I would be interested to know what the black silk point de Paris laces of Couvin, Beaumont, Cerfontaine and Marche look like. I have encountered a relatively simple black silk lace with point de Paris background. I am wondering if it could be from one of these Belgian towns. Does anyone know about these or how I could find out about them? Devon
- To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
