Hi Elena,

Letslace has a video for winding on in the left-handed manner that shows her 
making a double hitch. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FxVBSv5RhNo

I do it a different way. When I was just beginning, neither my teacher, nor I 
realized I was winding on differently than she was, so I was winding 
left-handed, but hitching right-handed.  I went to a convention class and the 
teacher saw the issue immediately. She told me to hold the bobbin in my right 
hand with the thread hanging off to the left, and then with my left hand palm 
up, do a motion as if I’m telling a bad little boy to “come here”.  Catch 
the thread in the “crook” of that finger, and then just twist that hand in 
a clockwise direction so the back of the hand is then up and facing the 
ceiling.  It creates a loop in the thread, which you put the head of the bobbin 
into from “behind” or from the “far side”.  If you’ve done it 
correctly, there should be a thread in a U-shape with thread coming out from 
under it.

Hopefully this helps. I find that the left-handed “come here little boy” 
visual is very helpful.

Beth Harpell




-
To unsubscribe send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. For help, write to
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. Photo site:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.flickr.com_photos_lacemaker_sets_&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=AERXPls0680WKzfWBXILzPvMRp9AKRE_5jmHS19rdIo&m=cRZ0GSnq7llT8jRmWNC1pEWV7LsT6UA5LSUReb5LCZU&s=05xcLLAWHfa90HZY5os9LK--Qx6ZJSOlourQZ0bKpLU&e=

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to