Hi Dakotah:

Yes, that is quite true. While I have been out Christmas shopping I
have been looking at Android phones and tablets, and all of the ones I
have seen are running at least 4.1 and later on them. Many have 4.3
which is a very good starting place for a blind Android user. So I'd
say by next year this time we will see some higher accessibility
standards and so forth out of Android just because Google is just now
beginning to get their act together as well as many third-party
Android software developers.

What's more I have managed to uncover a number of accessible games for
Android thus far. Not as many as there are for iOS, but quite a good
selection for a beginner. I look for Android to close the gap with iOS
soon as Android does seem to be heading in the right direction in
terms of apps, games, and over all accessibility.

Cheers!

On 12/3/13, Dakotah Rickard <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi.
> This is reopening an old topic, but one encouraging sign is that
> Android 4.0 and newer are becoming both standard and cheap. For an
> example, it used to be super easy to find stuff running older versions
> of Android, but now everyone's selling tablets and such with newer
> versions, again 4.0 and above. Add to this that Google is beginning to
> make their apps updatable separately from the OS and we're looking at
> a revolution, and hopefully a good one, in terms of stability and
> accessibility.
> The first is a mainstream concern, and it can't help but affect the second.
> Hopefully, that maturation discussed in this topic will come sooner
> rather than later, and this seems like a good first step.

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to