https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=288900
--- Comment #12 from Patrick M. Hausen <[email protected]> --- Hi Warner, I apologise for not replying earlier, but I caught the EuroBSDCon bug and fell flat with a cold. > So if you have a known broken setup that you can use comconsole for and get > that output I can create a known broken setup but neither can I get at these mainboards because they are in Hetzner's DC, nor do they have serial ports. They only have a single HDMI connector. No UART anywhere, no IPMI serial over IP. The only way to get at a wedged system is reset or power cycle with a KVM or an emulator connected to that HDMI port. At which point the issue is gone. Forcing comconsole (what Michael did) seems to change the code path in our boot loader regardless if the board has one or not. We decided to buy those HDMI thingies. > If you can't get to a serial port, though, then that limits my options. [...] > I'll assume this path and get some patches for you to try. OK? Thanks. I'll see when I can "break" a system and try the patch. Kind regards, Patrick -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug.
