https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=288900

--- Comment #4 from Warner Losh <[email protected]> ---
So, we assume ST->ConOut is non-NULL. We find
EFI_SIMPLE_TEXT_INPUT_EX_PROTOCOL_GUID on the ConsoleInHandle, we use it,
otherwise we assume conin is also non-NULL. We don't locate
SIMPLE_TEXT_OUTPUT_INTERFACE on the ConsoleOutHandle if it is NULL.

So unless I can reproduce it, we're stuck playing a game of whack-a-mole to see
which of these issues is the case.

But I can suggest some troubleshooting that will give me a good guess.

1. Can you boot without any USB HID devices attached, but with just the HDMI
cable connected to a monitor.
2. Can you boot with a USB HID device, but without HDMI?
3. Can you boot with both attached?
4. But report is that you can't boot if neither is connected, correct?

If you can try all 4 of those, and give me a failure matrix with console=efi I
will suggest patches.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to