How about "neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 12 shutdown". It issues two commands:
neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 12 neighbor 1.1.1.1 shutdown -Azher On 6/20/2014 10:00 AM, Dimitris Befas wrote: > Use IOS-XR instead :-) > > With IOS and XE you may just configure a wrong AS number (neighbor 2001::123 > remote-as 6) so the adj won't come up, then shut it (neighbor 2001::123 > shut) and while in a shut state, configure the correct AS (neighbor > 2001::123 remote-as 65005). Now feel free to no shut (no neighbor 2001::123 > remote-as shut) > > > -----Original Message----- > From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of > Lukas Tribus > Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 5:40 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] IOS: catch 22 when enabling new bgp neighbors > > Hey guys, > > > I feel like this is a stupid question with a simple solution, but I just not > see it: > > When I configure a new BGP session, before I can shutdown the neighbor or > apply a specific peer-group/session-template/policy-template, I need to > configure the remote-as, so the first command in the address-family is: > > neighbor 2001::123 remote-as 65005 > > > Now, if I don't specify the policies right away, or shutdown the session > right away (or the ssh terminal slows down for whatever reason), IOS will > establish the BGP session as-is (without any policies), until I manage to > configure the rest. > > In that case, I'm leaking everything I have to the other side for a short > period of time, possibly triggering max-prefix limits or causing other > nastiness. > > Especially when using SSH and configuring long IPv6 addresses on IOS-XE > here, this seams to be a problem, copy'n'pasting from notepad is not enough > in that situation (somehow, the terminal slows down when pasting the config > to some 2 - 3 chars per second). > > > Any way to make IOS(-XE) behave in a more sane way so I can configure > everything *before* the session brought up? Like defaulting to shutdown or > something like that? > > > Let me know how you guys avoid this problem. > > > > Thanks! > > Lukas > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
