On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Paul Stewart wrote:

I must admit  - I didn't know such an option existed... and that's great to
know...

I myself discovered it by accident when I saw the MTU on my linux box to be not the 1500 :-)


On a related note to the PS below... we have tested lt2tpv3 on a few
different boxes running various IOS images and on each of the devices we did
test we seen the same behavior.  This means something is either broke in the
code in my opinion or that we are doing something wrong.  Typically that
means the second option in our case (lol) but I did get a fair amount of
feedback offline from folks with similar problems....;)

It could be as well that it is the first option but that the tcp mss-adjust hack is working "good enough" for anyone to bother - there are always "more important battles" to fight. But if someone on the list is willing to spend some cycles on this in the lab and subsequently open a case to get this to a more definitive status quo - unicast me.

thanks,
andrew

p.s. about the protocols that can break with this scenario, a few things come to mind: kerberos, possibly IKE w/certs, SNMP, netflow.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to