I'm writing a SAML authentication extension for the Guacamole Project 
(http://guacamole.apache.org).

-Nick

On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 1:24:24 PM UTC-5, Misagh Moayyed wrote:
>
> Cool. Who exactly is the SP in this scenario? 
>
> --Misagh
>
> ------------------------------
>
> *From: *"vnick" <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> *To: *"CAS Community" <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> *Cc: *"Misagh Moayyed" <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> *Sent: *Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:48:25 AM
> *Subject: *[SOLVED] Re: [cas-user] CAS 5.2.x SAML IdP Issues
>
> Well, this put me on the right path - turns out the number of services the 
> log file told me was loading just happened to match what was in the 
> services directory, but the CAS configuration was not pointing at anything 
> but the default location, so it wasn't actually loading my services.  
> Problem is resolved - all works well, now!
> -Nick
>
> On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 12:29:00 PM UTC-5, Misagh Moayyed wrote:
>>
>> Do you have other JSON service definitions in the registry? Anything with 
>> a lower evaluation order or a more relaxed regex pattern? 
>>
>> --Misagh
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> *From: *"vnick" <[email protected] <http://JAVASCRIPT-BLOCKED>>
>> *To: *"CAS Community" <[email protected] <http://JAVASCRIPT-BLOCKED>>
>> *Sent: *Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:15:40 AM
>> *Subject: *[cas-user] CAS 5.2.x SAML IdP Issues
>>
>> Hey, everyone,
>> I'm trying to get SAML2 authentication working against my CAS server.  
>> I've got CAS protocol authentications working just fine, but am struggling 
>> getting the SAML IdP configured correctly.  I have the following items 
>> configured in my main CAS configuration:
>>
>> ## SAML Provider
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.entityId=https://server.domain.com/cas/idp
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.hostName=server.domain.com
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.scope=domain.com
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.metadata.cacheExpirationMinutes=30
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.metadata.failFast=true
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.metadata.location=file:///etc/cas/saml
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.metadata.privateKeyAlgName=RSA
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.metadata.requireValidMetadata=true
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.logout.forceSignedLogoutRequests=true
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.logout.singleLogoutCallbacksDisabled=false
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.response.skewAllowance=0
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.response.signError=false
>> cas.authn.samlIdp.response.useAttributeFriendlyName=true
>>
>> I also have a JSON-based service registry configured, and have the 
>> following entry for the SP that I'm trying to authenticate with:
>>
>> {
>>     "@class": 
>> "org.apereo.cas.support.saml.services.SamlRegisteredService",
>>     "serviceId": "https://1.2.3.4/guacamole/api/tokens";,
>>     "name": "GuacamoleSAML",
>>     "id": 1002,
>>     "evaluationsOrder": 1002,
>>     "metadataLocation": "file:///etc/cas/saml/sp-guacamole.xml"
>> }
>>
>> and, finally, I used the web site mentioned in the CAS SAML IdP 
>> documentation to generate the metadata:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <md:EntityDescriptor xmlns:md="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
>>                      validUntil="2018-02-17T03:16:28Z"
>>                      cacheDuration="PT604800S"
>>                      entityID="https://1.2.3.4/guacamole/api/tokens";>
>>     <md:SPSSODescriptor AuthnRequestsSigned="false" 
>> WantAssertionsSigned="false" 
>> protocolSupportEnumeration="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol">
>>         
>> <md:NameIDFormat>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:unspecified</md:NameIDFormat>
>>         <md:AssertionConsumerService 
>> Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST"
>>                                      Location="
>> https://1.2.3.4/guacamole/api/ext/saml/callback";
>>                                      index="1" />
>>         
>>     </md:SPSSODescriptor>
>> </md:EntityDescriptor>
>>
>> However, every time I try to authenticate with this app, I receive the 
>> following error:
>>
>> 2018-02-15 12:12:52,559 INFO 
>> [org.apereo.cas.support.saml.web.idp.profile.AbstractSamlProfileHandlerController]
>>  
>> - <Received SAML profile request [/cas/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO]>
>> 2018-02-15 12:12:52,581 ERROR 
>> [org.apereo.cas.support.saml.web.idp.profile.AbstractSamlProfileHandlerController]
>>  
>> - <CAS has found a match for service [
>> https://1.2.3.4/guacamole/api/tokens] in registry but the match is not 
>> defined as a SAML service>
>>
>> I can't seem to get much more detail - I think something must be wrong 
>> with my logging configuration, because I can't get any debugging.  Also, 
>> most of the parameters in the cas configuration file for SAML 
>> (cas.authn.samlIdp.*) seem to lack documentation - for example, I feel like 
>> this could be related to the "cas.authn.samlIdp.scope=domain.com", but 
>> there's no documentation on what's expected or acceptable for the scope, 
>> and whether this would generate the error message I'm seeing above?  Other 
>> than that, as far as I can tell, my JSON service entry matches the 
>> documentation, is valid JSON, and defines the mentioned service as a SAML 
>> service, so its unclear to me what's leading to this error.
>>
>> Any pointers would be appreciated!
>>
>> -Nick
>>
>> -- 
>> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
>> - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
>> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
>> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "CAS Community" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected] <http://JAVASCRIPT-BLOCKED>.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/abc5ef3d-26d5-4070-a08f-aa40db37a7fc%40apereo.org
>>  
>> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/abc5ef3d-26d5-4070-a08f-aa40db37a7fc%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>> -- 
> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
> - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "CAS Community" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/b90e201e-a2aa-4116-aadc-4eea986b54f9%40apereo.org
>  
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/b90e201e-a2aa-4116-aadc-4eea986b54f9%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
>

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/a73bc1a6-1b6a-4d11-b33e-8185c466e0c9%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to