Hi,

El 17/7/19 18:08, "address-policy-wg en nombre de Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN" 
<[email protected] en nombre de 
[email protected]> escribió:

    On Mon, Jul 15, 2019, at 14:02, Tore Anderson wrote:
    > In any case, and to be perfectly honest, this rationale reads to like 
    > petty jealousy to me - «I can't do X with my RIPE ALLOCATED PA, so I 
    > don't want others to be able to do X either».
    
    Hi,
    
    I see the situation a little differently:
     - if my understanding is correct, you can benefit from pretty much same 
(or most of) services with you legacy space as with your PI/PA space, however 
you don't really have the same obligations. Correct me if/where I'm wrong.
     - do you consider something normal that somebody "owns" numbers, just 
because somebody, someday told them "those are yours" ? I don't. For the moment 
I have to live with the fact that in many cases (not all) this is what is 
happening, but I would pretty much appreciate a change.
    
    However, pushing for a conversion from legacy to "RIR system" looks very 
delicate. Not sure that legally it can be forced (probably in some countries 
the regulator may be able to do something, but I wouldn't count on that). As 
for "do it for you own good", while this may not work today, some day everybody 
would better get into the RPKI bandwagon, at which point the RIRs would be in a 
strong position to "kindly" ask holders to convert the legacy resources to "RIR 
system". If the will id there, which is an entirely different issue.

-> I don't think this is "delicate" at all. Nobody is being *forced* to do 
that. If you have legacy, you can do transfers outside the system and nobody 
can oppose to that. However, please read the complete email from Mike 
(yesterday), I don't think nobody noticed it ... and they key think here is the 
protection of the "buyer", which is secured if the addresses are converted to 
non-legacy.

    
    -- 
    Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN
    
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.




Reply via email to