Hi Tore, 

El 15/7/19 12:26, "address-policy-wg en nombre de Tore Anderson" 
<[email protected] en nombre de [email protected]> escribió:

    * JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via address-policy-wg
    
    > I think my previus email just explained it.
    
    Not really...
    > The motivation is my personal view that we have a problem (as a 
community) by not bringing into the system the legacy resources.
    
    I understand that you have that view. What I fail to understand is *why* 
you have that view.
    
    It might be self-evident to you how this is problematic. It is not to me.

-> Because I think when there is an unfair situation (some folks bound to 
rules/policies, others not), there is a problem.
    
    > I'm alone with that view? I don't know, and that's why I'm asking.
    
    I'm a firm believer of the «if it ain't broke, don't fix it» approach, and 
I am yet to be convinced that the current policy is indeed «broke».
    
    Do the parties directly impacted by this policy in question, i.e., the 
legacy resource holders themselves (or would-be recipients of legacy resource 
transfers), share your view that there is a problem here that needs fixing?

-> If you're a legacy holder, doesn't on you. If you're going to transfer, 
doesn't impact on you. The impact is only for the one that receive the transfer.
    
    (It is unclear to me whether or not you represent such a directly impacted 
party yourself.)

-> To be clear, I don't have addresses to transfer, neither I'm looking for 
addresses to get transferred.
    
    > What is clear to me is that, according to existing policies, I share this 
view with 4/5 of the RIR communities.
    > 
    > What is the effect of that? Simple, an unbalance of transfers among 
regions, because if someone for whatever reason want to get resources and keep 
them non-legacy, can just come to RIPE for that. This is good for RIPE? I don't 
think so, we could keep growing the non-legacy resources, while other regions 
get "cleaned".
    
    How is it *bad* for the RIPE community, though?
    
    You seem to imply that legacy space is «dirty» and in need of «cleaning» 
but offer no explanation why.

-> Because is not subjected to the same rules (policies) as the non-legacy one. 
That's unfair.
    
    I understand that RPKI is not available for legacy resources in some other 
regions. Providing legacy holders with the option of moving their resources 
into the RIPE region might therefore be a net benefit for the Internet 
community at large (which obviously includes the RIPE community), as it might 
contribute to better routing security.
    
    Tore
    
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to